Monday, June 18, 2012

Winding into Summer


The theory of relativity has hit me full force – time does indeed go by more quickly the older you get… 

We had a great time at the CNY Fiber Festival a week ago!  Thank you to everyone who stopped by.  It’s wonderful to be able to spend a few minutes in conversation and your enthusiasm is much appreciated.  And special thanks to Andrea who knit a beautiful shawlette from one of our sock yarns (see detail of the lace above).  She generously suggested I borrow it back to display, and it received many compliments over the weekend!

Now it’s back to the routine.  I’ll be teaching some spinning classes at The Spinning Room in Altamont this summer.  And Battenkill Fiber Mill is working on a small artisan batch of yarn for us as I write this.  Dyeing will resume shortly.  Our next shows will be in central NY in September, and at Interweave Knitting Lab in New Hampshire in October.  We’re very excited about extending the range of our travels.  More details to come.

I'll leave you with this - I ran into a spinner/knitter friend at our community center recently.  She’d come in with her family to watch the basketball game following my son’s.  Her husband looked at me and said “Are you another one of those knitter’s?”  When I answered yes, he said “Boy, you folks are everywhere…”

We are, aren’t we!


No comments:

Post a Comment