Monday, January 30, 2012

Foggy With a Chance of Clarity


Our landscape was overtaken by fog so quickly that I barely had a chance to take this image.  We were engulfed in the pea-soup variety in under a minute, then it raced off to blanket another nearby hill.  I was struck by its swiftness, which then made me think how quickly the month of January has passed.

My trip to Vogue Knitting Live was 2 weeks ago, and I enjoyed being part of The Yellowfarm & Company's booth.  It was great to see so many KRR friends, and thanks to everyone that stopped by to say hello!  I've been planning for upcoming fiber shows, teaching a spinning class at The Spinning Room, and pondering colorways for our newest yarn "Stone Soup".  This yarn is a 50/50 blend of light grey Romney and white alpaca - spun for us by Battenkill Fibers in Washington County, using locally sourced fiber.  This line will be rolling out online in the next couple of weeks.

It's been a very mild winter for us up to this point.  Each day that passes is a day closer to spring.  I'm looking forward to the emerging colors, and am trying to devise a way to make the most pleasant moments of the day linger.  All relative, as Einstein would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment