Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another Trip Around The Sun


This is our barn kitty, Mr. Fluff.  He has been with us for 6+ years, and has taken the leap this past fall to venture into the house for 5 minutes at a time.  This is big stuff, considering his first visit indoors a few years ago ended with him trying to climb up the curtains and escape out the (closed) window.  As the winter goes on, I'm sure the visits will lengthen, and he may even come to appreciate the overwhelming heat warmth of the woodstove. 


I never thought I was a cat person, but I am.  Some would consider cats aloof, but I prefer to think of their attitude as the pinacle of independence - everything on their terms.  My goal for 2012 is to move out of my own comfort zone, in my own quiet way - to dare to do things and not overthink the results.  I'm taking inspiration from one of my favorite poems, "Fog" by Carl Sandburg:


THE fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

May your New Year be filled with peace, happiness and health!







No comments:

Post a Comment