Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Walk of the Zombies

The past 2 weeks have been a blur.  There were so many things to organize for Bob's trip to China, Alison was in the last week of rehearsal for the drama production (which went off beautifully this past weekend), the new website is up, yarns are being dyed...  Now I'm getting ready for the Knitter's Review Retreat.  I've looked forward to this event for months - it is an oasis of fun and a place to unravel (seriously, there's a lot of frogging, untangling and skein winding going on).  I have lists and more lists so that I don't miss anything this week. 

This morning's adventure involved Alex giving an oscar winning performance of "not feeling well".  I was going to suggest he try out for the drama club next year, but thought better of it.  In a move that should net me the "parent of the year award", I handed him a Tums, a glass of water and shooed him out the door.  It's not that I lack sympathy - I really know about not feeling well, but it wasn't in my plan to have him home today.  His "unwellness" did not stop him jogging down the driveway.

I expect the school nurse will be ringing in any moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment