Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year


Happy New Year, and Happy New Decade.  As with each year, there are ups and downs, but as this year dawns, my goal is to let optimism have the upper hand.  There is no reason not to think positively about everything - what does it hurt?  And it's surely more fun than to be negative.

I'm already off to a good start.  Instead of bemoaning a return trip to the dentist, I'll consider it an easy fix vs. something "big" down the road.  Same with my car. (I love my old car and don't feel at all underprivileged that I didn't get a Lexus for Christmas!) While I didn't anticipate a major repair when I thought I only needed an oil change and inspection, I am grateful to have fabulous neighbors (who happen to be our mechanics) that keep me safe.  How lucky that I didn't break down (or worse), especially if the kids were with me.

And risk-taking should be a part of the picture this year, too.  I don't mean skydiving or some extreme sport, but acting on ideas that I may have previously set aside.  If the last couple of years have taught me anything, it's this - if you don't take a chance on your dreams, you may never get the chance.

One of my favorite holiday songs is "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep" (Irving Berlin).  So I'll take that advice into the New Year, but I'll keep track of the sheep as well.  Wool, you know.

Peace & Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment