Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring!

Spring officially began this past weekend, and it actually felt like spring in our neck of the woods. In fact, for the last week it has been lovely - sunshine and temperatures above 50. There is still snow in the fields, but with the rain that is expected this week, maybe that will finally disappear.




Finished the Aeolian shawl, although I have not yet blocked it. This shot is the "off the needles" version. After many errors on my part, I finally got into the swing of the pattern and found that I truly enjoyed the symmetry of the design. I have just cast on the Tibetan Clouds Shawl, found in Clara Parkes' "The Knitter's Book of Wool" (which is a really great book!). If you want to knit this, be sure to check the pattern errata - there were a couple of omissions to the chart in the book. Happily, I was only puzzled for about 5 minutes before I decided to check for updates. As the pattern is a mirror image on either side of center, it isn't difficult to catch something that doesn't match up.

We've been basking in the sun - taking advantage of getting outside to do some chores while the getting is good. Our hill, while beautiful, lags behind in temperature and growing season. Plans for a vegetable garden are unfolding, and we'll work on it as conditions allow. It's risky to put things in the ground before Memorial Day - we've had wet snow in mid-May before, killing the tomato plants that I was sure were off to a good start.

Hoping you are enjoying a bit of a lift - I'm happy to bid winter farewell.

Peace & Love
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment