Monday, March 1, 2010

Olympic-sized storm





Over the last 5 days, we've had unrelenting snow. 3 plus feet fell, and required Herculean efforts by DH to maintain access to the outside world. The photo above shows the birdfeeder that is typically 5 feet off the ground. The crows were seen walking over to it to investigate if any seeds were left. I'll need the snowshoes to get to them with a refill. And Alex was able to walk onto the barn roof...

As for the Aeolian Shawl - my Knitting Olympics project - I have not completed it yet, but I'm midway through the edging. I'm really happy with my efforts, though.

Here's what I think about the challenge -

It was a great motivator to commit more time to finishing up one of the many knitting projects that resides in my home. While other obligations took precedence over knitting, I tried to get in at least 1 row a day. While I didn't win a medal, I enjoyed the process and being part of the "team" of knitters who also embarked on the challenge.

I thought a lot about what this knitting addiction is, and what I came away with was this - it is a sustaining force in my life. It has been with me through thick and thin - happy moments and sad, and everything in-between. Hats, mittens, socks, scarves, sweaters - they are a chronicle of the events of more than half a lifetime. Each piece has its own story, and like photographs, conjure up their own special memories. I hope your projects do the same for you.

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment