Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter (and Knitting) Olympics Begin Today!


This is a completed scarf, worked in brioche stitch with Sundara Yarn in "Mint Julep". I loved working this - it was quick and easy, and had terrific results.

I decided to join the Knitting Olympics - I needed the support (peer pressure) of others and the knowledge that I was not alone in this endeavour. My commitment to myself is to complete the Aeolian shawlette that I cast on months ago. It has been ripped back at least a half dozen times (I apparently have counting issues), and my aggravation with myself made me put this project aside. But it is so lovely, and is certainly not out of the realm of knitting possibility for me. So I will be carefully and methodically working to complete this piece before the closing ceremonies. Wish me luck! It's entirely possible that I will have to knit this in a closet (with a very bright light). If you know my children, just remind them not to speak to me within the next 17 days if I am knitting...

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment